The Glue is an analog modeled compressor plug-in based on The classic 80's British big console buss compressor with some additional features. It uses the same high quality algorithms used in circuit simulation packages but optimised for real time use. It's quick and easy to use and has an uncluttered interface.
Additions over the original circuit include an ultra-fast attack time down to 0.01mS and a Range knob, which backs off the compression to give incredibly natural sounding attacks and also limit the maximum amount of compression applied. There is also external sidechain support and an adjustable sidechain highpass filter.
The Glue v1.3.12 Downloads (16 Apr 2015) - runs in TRIAL / DEMO mode if not authorised
- Download TheGlue_v1.3.12_Mac_MountainLion.dmg - AU / VST / AAX, Mac OS 10.8 or higher, 32-bit and 64-bit, Intel
- Download TheGlue_v1.3.12_Mac_SnowLeopard.dmg - AU / VST / Mac OS 10.6 or higher, 32-bit and 64-bit, Intel
- Download TheGlue_v1.3.12_Win.zip - VST / AAX, Windows XP or higher, 32-bit and 64-bit, SSE2
Three very different sounding acoustic drum loops have been processed with the same setting of The Glue, and are display first dry then limited with The Glue in three pairs below. The light grey waveforms are the dry audio and the yellow waveforms are the limited ones. As you can see the levels vary greatly on the dry waveforms and are very consistent on the yellow, peaking at around -6 dB.
A/B examples between The Glue and the analog hardware its based on with an extreme setting to highlight any possible differences in character between the two. If the two sound identical to you then this is a good thing since the analog hardware is over 30 times the price! Drum pattern and sounds are from BFD Eco
Looking for the uncompressed dry and processed 24-bit wav versions? Here they are!
- Accurate analog model of classic 80's British big console buss compressor
- Ultra-fast attack time of up to 0.01 mS
- Range knob to naturally control the maximum compression applied
- Peak Clip to optionally hard limit transients
- DSP coded using C++ and SSE2, Interface coded using the Juce framework (C++)
- Password protected copy protection
Circuit Modeling and DSP
The Glue features the same circuit modeling techniques use in professional circuit simulation packages but optimised for real time use. The signal flow structure including all feedback loops and useful non-linearities of the original circuit has been preserved. The algorithm uses actual values for resistors, capacitors, diodes, and other circuit components. The voltages and currents are solved in real time and match as closely as possible to the analog circuit in both the time and frequency domains.
Minimum System Requirements
- Vst 2.4, AU, or AAX compatible host that can handle 4 input 2 output plugins (stereo sidechain input)
- Mac: Intel OS 10.8
- Win: XP / Vista / 7 with SSE2 CPU
Tested And Working Hosts
If your host is not listed below then please make sure the trial version is working correctly before you purchase.
- Logic v7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x
- Live v6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x
- Pro Tools v8.x, v9.x, v10.x, v11.x
- Cubase v5.x
- Reaper v4.x
- Sonar v7.x